Truth or Dare (2018)


A harmless game of Truth or Dare among friends turns deadly when something supernatural begins to punish those who tell a lie or refuse the dare. 

REVIEW: I quite honestly don't have really anything to say on Truth or Dare, the latest teen-aimed horror flick by Blumhouse. This truly is one stupid ass, silly, laughable movie.


But god damnit I had fun. It’s nothing I’d recommend to a serious horror fan above the age of 14, and it’s filled to the brim with laughably bad moments, but it held my attention for the entire runtime, and it actually used some legitimately interesting ideas at times, including some moments that will remind any horror fan worth a damn of the Final Destination movies, which is always a fun time for me. 

If action movies can have a sub-classification of ‘silly mindless popcorn summer movie’, this is exactly what the horror version of that would be. Despite its rampant stupidity, I enjoyed myself, so sue me. 


6/10 rooms in the Psych Ward

Comments

Most Popular Posts For This Week

The 10 Best B-Movies of 2011

Early Screener Review: Jailbait/17 & Life: Jailbait (2014)

The Dyatlov Pass Incident/Devil's Pass (2013)

Sleeping Beauty (2014)

Early Review: Zoombies 2 (2019)

Atlantic Rim/Attack From Beneath (2013)

Age of Dinosaurs (2013)

Early Screener Review: Android Cop (2014)

Decoys 2: The Second Seduction (2007)

Early Screener Review: Age of Tomorrow (2014)